What if the offline marketing media that used to deliver messages to customers in one direction can actually communicate with people?
We are about to share an interesting real life application of Internet of Things(IoT) marketing that actually realized the statement above.
Real Life Application of Internet of Things Marketing (5W1H)
- WHO? Exterion Media, an outdoor marketing agency based in UK,
along with Telegraaf, a leading media company in Netherlands
and a beacon supplier.
- WHEN? Since July 2015
- WHERE? Purmerend, Netherlands
- WHAT? Outdoor marketing signs such as the ones in bus stops.
- WHY? So that people nearby the marketing campaigns can actually react and communicate with the advertisements.
- HOW? Applying beacon system to all advertising signs in the region.
It is pretty straightforward. As mentioned before, they set up a beacon system with approximately 250 beacons installed where the outdoor signs are present: bus stops, metro stations, or close to major buildings. When people pass nearby with their phones that has the ‘Telegraaf’ app installed, the app pushed a message. So how effective was the internet of things marketing campaign through beacon?
* referred to the report produced by KOTRA(Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency)
“More than 15% increase in push open rate,
along with increased Click-through Rate (CTR)”
Then, what benefit did each parties enjoy?
- Outdoor marketing agency: Obtained a stepped-up version of outdoor marketing signs as well as another business model.
- Media company: Can execute push message marketing campaigns with better efficiency.
IoT, with the proposition of connecting all objects, is not a hypothesis but a reality now. Just like the outdoor marketing signs that reached out to the potential clients with beacons, you can now realize the dream of both-ways communications with your customers rather than one-directional message delivery.
Take a leap forward in the era of IoT with our RECO CMS.