You all may know location-based push messages, mostly distributed by beacons record higher message open rate than other general push messages including SMS or timed push messages.
Initially designed and distributed for beta, RECO Team didn’t even expect the open rate to be this effective.
Then, we thought about what made this app to be this popular.
Two main reasons, but with a little bit of twist:
1. Coupons: With expiration date, yet given every day.
- Though the visitors could receive a coupon every day, it didn’t mean that they could always win free coffee coupon. This rather encouraged people to keep their eyes on the push message alert, and contributed to a higher open rate.
- If used effectively, the logs collected could be analyzed and you can design a more effectively personalized, and target-focused scenario based on the target behavior.
- Learn more at: RECOCMS.COM
2. Word of mouth (about Bluetooth!)
- Not many people in Korea are familiar with Bluetooth nor BLE beacons nor have needs for having the Bluetooth turned on all the time.
- But since the visitors could receive alerts on a daily basis, people who voluntarily turn on Bluetooth encourage other to install and participate. Eventually the scenario alone ‘persuaded’ people to voluntarily participate in the event.
The success of the app was brought by inducing right customer behavior with proper reward, timed at a very expected time (immediately after their arrival to cafe).
And the 90% didn’t even come from retargeting; which opens up a wider possibility for a higher end-user engagement and more cost-effective service for providers.
Want to apply this to your business as well? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you shortly.